Sunday, July 22, 2007

Dieting Is A Bitch

I have lost about 1.5kg ever since I got back here in Skudai two weeks ago. I am trying very hard to shed the 5kg I gained from 2 months worth of slugging back in KL. Sure I go to the gym but apparently, I was consuming calories a lot faster than I could burn them. So what I'm doing now is eating less and hitting the gym and basketball courts more often.

I can deal with the increased frequency of physical activities BUT the biggest gripe I have with this new 'program' of mine is well.. the diet. Before this, ALL my orders were accompanied by the words, "more rice" or "more noodles". What I do now is I walk up to a stall, order a plain portion of anything, consume my plain portion of anything and go back home feeling like one of them poor underfed African kids. Except of course instead of the droughts, civil war and despotism, I myself am responsible for my own starvation. It doesn't help either that the hawkers ALWAYS asks me if I want an extra order. That is why I have devised a plan:

(Ordering at a hawker stall)

Ben: [I'm just going to quickly order and then dash back to my table. Anything else she says, just ignore.]

Hawker: Order?

Ben: One plate of chicken rice. [Now run! RUN!]

Hawker: Wait!

Ben: [No! Cover your ears, resist her offerings!]

Hawker: Hey boy, I need you to get back here!

Ben: [Damn she's persistent.]

Hawker: If you walk away now, you might not get your order!

Ben: [Extortion?! Nooo!] FINE, I'LL HAVE A CHICKEN RICE WITH MORE RICE! NOW LEAVE ME ALONE!

Hawker: I need your table number.

Ben: ...

Hawker: So is that your new order?

Ben: No.. Yes.. I don't know. -sobs-

It's going to take some getting use to.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Finally, someone is doing it. Yes, I like Norah Jones. Shut Up.
--------------------------------------------------------------

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP