Sunday, July 08, 2007

Bye Bye KL

Can't believe by tomorrow, my 2 month semester break will be all over. I have slept, pigged and lazed long enough to get myself fully prepared for yet another FOUR nerve wrecking months at UTM. Though I can't help but look back and think of how I could have spent my holidays differently; go out for a movie, get a job, meet up with long lost friends or maybe attend a blog meet. Oh well.

I just got back from a huge relative get-together. My dad comes from a family of 12 siblings. Try adding that number with their number of children and the number of their children's children and.. well suffice to say that there were a lot of Sews under one roof that night. But instead of mingling around, the anti-social in me chose to sit in a quiet corner and observe the different antics on display that night:

1. My aunt wanted to change the ASTRO channel so she grabbed the remote and started flipping through channels. She was surprised because all the other channels were blank. Being persistent as she was, she continued flipping from channel 1 up till channel 90. Apparently the other ten relatives who were present at the scene, enjoyed watching numbers run on the screen as NONE of them wanted to tell her that she took the wrong remote.

2. When presented with some cake, my 13 year old cousin refused to have any because she claims that cake has 'calories' and is very fattening. She then proceeds to play tag with the other cousins.

3. The party was for one of my uncle's birthday. In the sea of 40 over uncles, aunties, cousins, nieces, and nephews, it wasn't surprising that more than half of the people present didn't know who the birthday boy was. It wasn't until the cutting of the cake when the birthday boy took his place that everyone went, "Oooooh. This one." My mom then panicked because she gave the birthday present to the wrong uncle.


I also liked their choice of packet drinks. Why go with the conventional Yeos and F&N when you have:



Amoy Canning. Since 1908.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP