Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Me At Cheer 2007

I went to the Bukit Jalil stadium yesterday with the sisters to watch the much publicised Cheer 2007. Now I've seen the USA cheerleading competition before on ESPN so I sorta expected the same high flying tosses, acrobatic somersaults and micro mini skirts. Suffice to say, I was thoroughly disappointed. I mean the local champions this year aren't even up to par with the USA cheerleading team that finished last place.. 10 years ago! Sure they could perform stunts, flips and all but come on, get rid of the leotards will ya? Cheerleaders aren't cheerleaders WITHOUT mini skirts!

So skirting the skirt issue, the cheerleaders that took part actually did pretty well. Of course, none (not a single one) of the teams had a perfect routine. There were near accidents in every one of the team's performances but seeing as I couldn't even do half the tricks executed during the show,I am pretty much impressed with everything I saw that day.

Despite the spectacular show, I still can't say it was ALL good. It's hard to explain so here's a short 'good news, bad news' summary:

Good News: Point Blanc performed.
Bad News:
He sang the very much overplayed 'Ipoh Mali'..

Even More Bad News:
.. in front of a KL crowd.


Good News:
There was another performance.

Bad News:
The performer was an unknown.

Even More Bad News:
He sang 'You're Beautiful'.


Good News:
Sarah of Channel [V] and Jien of Disney Buzz hosted the event.

Bad News:
Sarah is taken..

Even More Bad News:
.. by Jien.


Good News:
The cheerleaders were hot.

Bad News:
I totally made that up.

Even More Bad News:
Because I couldn't see a thing sitting so far up top.



A photo from the nosebleed section. All and all, I thought it was worth the painful 1 hour KTM/LRT commuter ride.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP