Sunday, June 24, 2007

City Road Musings

After being back in KL for almost two months, I have come to realise one thing:

(While driving out for lunch)

Dad: Stuck in traffic again. What are all these stupid people doing on the road?!

Ben:
Dad, we're on the road too.

Dad:
We are different.

Ben:
And how are we different? We're going for lunch and I bet all these people are doing the same.

Dad:
I have you.

Ben:
............ we're not gonna hug now are we?

Dad:
NO! I meant ours is the only vehicle in this entire stretch of road with two or more people in it.

Ben: That's impossible.

Dad:
Just look around.

Ben: [1st car, one person.. 2nd car, one person.. 3rd car, one person.. 4th car, one person]

Dad:
You done yet?

Ben: Hold on. [continues counting: one person.. one person.. one.. one.. one]

Carpooling, is something very foreign in the city. Now I'm not gonna be the one to judge because who knows, I might be the one driving a huge ass MPV alone in the middle of rush hour in the near future. I can't help but wonder though, what do these people think of when they are stuck in stationary traffic, alone, with no one to talk to:

(In a car nearby)

Lone driver: [I'm gonna be late AGAIN!]

Lone driver: ...

Lone driver: [This right here.. is all the government's fault.]

Lone driver: ...

Lone driver: [My steering wheel is so round. I shall nickname my steering wheel roundy.]

Lone driver: ....

Lone driver: [My horn is gonna hate its nickname.

Thank god for radios and CD players.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP