Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Gym & Old Age

I know it is a bit too early for a young chap like me to be thinking about growing old. The pains of high blood pressure, osteoporosis, dementia and even worse, cancer.. urgh. These things were never on my mind before, that is until I made the mistake of letting my dad tag along with me to the gym.

After 20 years of working in the office from 9 to 5, (and growing a belly in the process) my dad thinks it is best to start exercising again. This sounded like a rad idea. It could be like a father and son bonding session. Or so I thought:

(At the gym)

Dad: Ok son, what do you do first?

Ben: I go on the cycling machine for an hour first to warm up.

Dad: Sounds easy. *hops on a cycling machine*

(5 minutes later)

Dad: I.. cannot.. anymore..

Ben: It has only been 5 minutes!

Dad: You said you go on the cycling machine to warm up. Well I'm warmed up. Next routine!

Ben: Ah ok. So after the warm up, I do sit ups.

Dad: How many?

Ben: 5 sets of 20 repetitions.

Dad: *lies on the sit up mat* One.. Two.. *pant, pant, gasp*

Three.. son, if I count I will run out of breath, you count for me.

Ben: Er.. ok. Four.. Five..

Dad: Ok that's enough.

Ben: What?

Dad: That's it I'm done. *wipes off sweat triumphantly*

Ben: But I do weights after that.

Dad: Are you trying to kill me?! I'm going upstairs now. Have fun.

Ben: ...


So let's see.


Cycling Machine Sit Ups Weights
Ben 60 minutes 5 sets, 20 reps Bench press, Lateral pull, Arm curl
Dad 5 minutes 1 set, 5 reps Eating junk food while watching the Golf Channel

I am gonna try will avoid getting an office job in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP