Friday, November 10, 2006

Familiar Lines On Malaysian Roads

(Wanyean & I were driving home from a movie)
Ben: Why is there a traffic jam in the middle of the highway?
Wanyean (Driving): I bet there's an accident there. That's why I HATE nosy Malaysian drivers, it's not as if they're getting out of their cars and offering some help.
Ben: It's not wrong to be curious.
Wanyean: You look at that and tell me what's so interesting about a smashed up Proton Saga and a dented Kancil. Wait a minute, how is that possible?
Ben: Look ahead, there's a Honda City and a Proton Wira badly banged up on its front and rear.
Wanyean: Domino effect! Do you have a camera?
Ben: Wait.. [click]
Wanyean: Now jot down the numbers of all four cars. They make for good lottery numbers. I'll drive slower.
Ben: ...

(Scene shifts to the car behind us)

Woman: You see the youngster in front driving so slow. That's why I HATE young Malaysian drivers!

(Scene shifts to the car behind the car)

Man: You see the lady in front slowing down the traffic. That's why I HATE women Malaysian drivers!

Can you feel the love?

5 comments:

Anonymous

Hahaha It's funny 'cos it's true. The stickybeak mentality in this region of the world is astounding.

There doesn't even have to be a traffic accident for the cars on the opposite side to slow down.

Once I noticed a whole bunch of mates had stopped their vehicled to grab a bite on the side of the road. Amazingly that caused a traffic slowdown from curious motorists.

Anonymous

hohoho...it;s true. my hubby and i always discuss about this. i really dont understand why malaysian so kepo one.

"Once I noticed a whole bunch of mates had stopped their vehicled to grab a bite on the side of the road. Amazingly that caused a traffic slowdown from curious motorists.", really correct, i strongly agreed.

Sewjin

minny & martin: oh well, we wouldn't be true blue malaysians if we minded our own business.

Anonymous

Oh yes, I feel the love everytime I step behind the wheel...
In fact, it compells me to dish out lots of my own love as well..

CY

That's the Malaysian way of caring and showing concern for each other :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP