Saturday, October 07, 2006

Meet The Parents

My two week study break is coming up and I cannot be more happier. But then comes the question of whether or not I am going home during the break. Then I met up with my mom online:

(On MSN)
Mum: When are you coming home to KL?
Ben: I don't know whether I wanna come back during the study break.
Mum: Why not?!
Ben: I did badly in my first tests. I gotta study hard to score in the finals.
Mum: At least come back for a week..
Ben: But I've got 6 subjects to study.
Mum: Hmm, it's been a while since you've had good food, right?
Ben: Mum, I..
Mum: Veal chop marinated overnight in a savory blend of pepper vinegar, garlic and onions. Broiled and served sizzling with hot sweet peppers.
Ben: What was that?
Mum: No, I'm just trying out this new recipe book. Oven roasted free-range double chicken breast stuffed with garlic herb cheese and served with lemon butter.
Ben: You know what? It has been a while since I've had western food.
Mum: Marinated Portobello mushrooms on our garlic mashed potatoes, with grilled asparagus, broccoli, tomatoes and sizzling lemon butter.
Ben: I think I'll be able to make it back this break.
Mum: Good. Wait, your dad wants to talk to you.

(...)

Dad: Hey, you better score 3.7 and above this semester.
Ben: I don't think I'll be able to do that seeing as I..
Dad: Well then, I also don't think I'll be able to bank in the right amount of money into your account once every two months.
Ben: You mean once every month.
Dad: No. Once every TWO months.
Ben: I'll see what I can do.
Dad: That's better.

(...)

Mum: So when are you coming back?
Ben: I can't. I gotta study extra hard now.
Mum: Seared rare tuna topped with Colossal lump crabmeat and served sizzling with red pepper pesto.
Ben: I.. I.. I..


Leave it to the parents to threaten their child with food and money.

6 comments:

Jason Lioh

HAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!! Classic! LOLLLLL.

What if you go back and what all your mum said on MSN are just lies?

You lose both sides.

HAHAHAHHA!!! Good one, Ben!

Anonymous

hahaha...

Cherry Popcorn

haha.. tat's cute.. how nice to have a mother tat knows how to cook! =)

Sewjin

jason: Wow, that would be like, my worst day ever. I'm stil sitting on the fence here :(

ohyeahmoreyeah: hey there, i like your eye test. haha!

princess shin: she studies cooking harder than i study.. well.. anything.. i am so half-assed.

Anonymous

hahaha nice one ben~...sounds ALMOST like my parents jus tat my mom rather tabau food frm restaurants than cook.. haha

my mom's been asking me to go back 2...though i decided 2 stay cuz of finals.. she marah me u knw!!..

she : aiya no need study so hardla.. first years are meant to fail .. come back la....

* or sumting similiar to tat * hahaha
>_<


good luck on deciding ur fate to go back.. or NOT to go back... hehehe

Anonymous

lol. it is most dangerous when parents learn how to msn their kids. whatever happened to the good ol'days of phone calls from home....

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP