Thursday, September 14, 2006

My Dead Dog & Doctor Titles

One of my two dogs died. It's sad. Before I left, one of them had already lost its appetite and has been very inactive. So upon receiving the message in KL last week, I wasn't very suprised. Adrian took it to the vet (twice) but apparently, the doctors couldn't do a thing about it. -Pauses- I have a question; is it right to call veterinarians doctors? In fact:

(Husband suddenly suffers from stroke at a restaurant)
Wife: *Screams* Is there a doctor in the house?!
Man 1: I am a veterinarian.
Wife: I need a HUMAN doctor!
Man 2: I am a dentist.
Wife: Good for you, but I still need a doctor!
Man 3: I am an engineer.
Wife: What? You're not a doctor.
Man 3: I just got my PhD last month!


(Husband dies)


"Dr." titles are everywhere nowadays, don't you think? Anyway, when I told my dad about my doggie's death, he gave me one of those "it's okay, just take care of the other one better" speeches:

Ben: One of my dog died.
Dad: Ai-ya, you should've brought it back to KL with you.
Ben: So you think it might have a better chance if it was in my care?
Dad: No, you're awful with pets.
Ben: Then why bring it back with me?!
Dad: It's just that.. it's been a while since we've had dog meat.


Wait, no he didn't.

2 comments:

Anonymous

Ah... dark humour, the one guilty pleasure we take during inappropriate times.

Just be thankful you didn't raise the dogs here, the RSPCA here have a lot of legal pull and they're not hesitant to use it against those they deem "negligent" towards animal life.

Still, these things happen.

Sewjin

dragoncity: heheh, i don't think you got the joke :D

wilson: that's the thing about white countries. they sue, a lot.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP