Thursday, August 17, 2006

TM Helpline Needs Help

I made a huge mistake of calling up my ISP provider (TM) today to ask about the sudden halt in my broadband connection this afternoon. Many have complained about the poor customer support this company gives especially through phone but I was desperate. I needed to know whether TM was down for maintainence OR that my router was wrongly configured:

(On the phone)
Automated Voice: Press 1 for Malay or Press 2 for English.
Ben: -Presses 2-
TMgirl: Hello.
Ben: Hello, my streamyx connection suddenly went down for no apparent reason. Are you guys undergoing some sort of maintainence now?
TMgirl: You.. try to.. wait .. Biar saya panggil technician kejap.

(Ben is put on hold while a cheesy TM song is being played. Soon after, he gets disconnected)


I'm more humoured than pissed at this conversation. Seems like they are just asking you to choose the language you'd like to be greeted in because 'Hello' was the only decent sentence the helpline guy could put together.

(Attempt 2)
TMgirl: Hello.
Ben: Hello, my streamyx connection just died on me. I was wondering if my area is currently undergoing some maintainence.
TMgirl: What's your phone number?
Ben: -gives number-
TMgirl: Ok hold on, I'll go check.

(Ben is put on hold while a cheesy TM song is being played. Soon after, he gets disconnected)


Now, I'm pissed.

(Attempt 3)
TMgirl: Hello.
Ben: [starts singing cheesy TM song]
TMgirl: Hello?
Ben: Duuuuuuuuu.. [imitating dead tone]
TMgirl: Anyone there?
Ben: How does THAT feel bitch?! Wahahaha!!
TMgirl: Oh I get it. I'm still willing to help you know.
Ben: Really? How sporting of you. See my streamyx co..

(TM song plays, then Ben is quickly disconnected)


TMgirl: No one gives crappy music and dead tones besides the TM Customer Support Team!
Ashlee Simpson: No one?
TMgirl: No one!


So as it turns out, the broadband connection in my area WAS down for maintainence. *phew* No problems with my router. Still, I am a little disappointed that I had to get hung up on twice just to get an answer to one simple question. The TM helpline doesn't help well at all.

6 comments:

Anonymous

TM needs help.....

my streamyx gets session hangs at least twice a week. I spent a heck load of phone calls to the help line regarding my unstable broadband, was put through the standard trouble shooting procedures every single time, only to discover many MONTHS later that it was a problem with their system.

I still have to call the helpline every now and then to request for a connection termination (since it's a session hang and I can't connect when the system shows that I'm already connected)

Thing I hate most : "This conversation will be recorded for the improvement of our services.."

Anonymous

It's pretty bad here as well getting put on hold and all that waiting-in-line crap but I've never got hung up on before. I guess they're still trying to get the hang of customer service back there.

They should also rephrase the "this conversation will be recorded for training purposes" line. Maybe this would be more accurate...

"This conversation will be recorded for the sake of recording; being the anal-retentive beauracracy that we are. At any rate, this recording may very well be disregarded and placed into our archives of useless stuff we can ditch in a decade when the cleaners do come to our office. The best our valued customers can hope for would be the odd chance that your recording could be deemed humorous enough to enter our office's top-10 crank call of the week and played solely for the entertainment of our employees. Thank you for choosing TM"

The strange thing is that I might actually pay money to hear that...

Melyong

Someone should give TM a good course on Customer SErvice. They are friggin rude people. EEYER! I loathe them.

Speed Date Host

stumbled upon your journal.

when i call customer service, i always get their name first before they put me on hold.

if i get disconnected, i make sure i speak to SAME person again ... usually it helps when they know you know their name ... in case you complain, they know you can put a name in the complain ... EVIL

kenneth agustin

nangangaen 2ng simcard kng tm tang ina! ilang bese n, d kuh lng kc lam hot line nio ei! tang inis! e2 # 09263641572!

kenneth agustin

nangangaen 2ng simcard kng tm tang ina! ilang bese n, d kuh lng kc lam hot line nio ei! tang inis! e2 # 09263641572!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP