Friday, July 07, 2006

The Best Government PA Announcement, Ever

I went to to the PJ federal building today to get my new MyKad and of course, I was prepared to take any crap the government office could possibly throw at me; long lines, slow services, being scolded for nothing, BRING THEM ON! Well, after waiting in line for about an hour, *sigh* nothing could've prepared me for this:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
(Beep)

PA Announcement: Harap maaf, sistem kami sedang menghadapi beberapa masalah teknikal dan perkhidmatan kami terpaksa digendalakan. Sila datang lagi pada hari esok pada jam 2.45pm untuk meneruskan urusan anda.

(Beep)

PA Announcement: Ai-ya, lupa. Esok cuti.

(Beep)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh right, how inconsiderate of me. Here it is, the english translation:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
(Beep)

PA Announcement: We are not very efficient.

(Beep)

PA Announcement: We are not very bright either.

(Beep)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

3 comments:

Jason Lioh

HAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Melyong

KESIANesss... hahahaha.. wht to do.. screwed up system.. geez..

Anonymous

I have worse experiences. In March, I went to the Subang branch to make my passport. Just when I was so close to the counter providing me with those nice numbers; the announcement came - 'sistem tergendala'.

And apparently, all the immigration branches has one ticketing system, all connected to each other, and all crashing.

I waited in line for some 8-9 hours before getting my number, and an additional 2 hours to have my number called. Do note I couldn't sleep the night before, so it was torture.

Admittedly, I would have just walked away and came back the next day if I didn't need a passport in two days. So it's partially my fault...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP