Thursday, May 25, 2006

Contempt, The Cause For Discrimination

"Many tribes call themselves by names which mean in effect 'we-are-men,' implying that all others are not" - Ashley Montagu

It's undeniable that everyone in this world lives to feel contempt or in other words to think he/she will be for himself by making less of the outside world. I mean who doesn't like the feeling of standing high up on that pedastool and looking down on every other sorry asses who couldn't make it. I know I do.

And don't you even dare throw me that look, you hypocrite.

Racism is one of the most apparent result of men's desire to achieve contempt. It's all about simple reasoning. If you don't have the same skin colour as mine, you obviously couldn't walk, talk, or think as well as me and therefore will forever remain inferior through my eyes.

This need to feel contempt has also sparked another type of discrimination, sexism. Who could miss the classic and usually ugly battle of the sexes that dates back to the time of the burning of 'witches' in the olden days.

But the foulest discrimination of them all, one that I couldn't even speak sarcastically about, has to be:


Handism.

Honestly, any educational institution that still uses right-handed only tables like these should be sued and brought to the highest powers of justice! Left-handers of the world unite!

[Power Rangers Theme Plays, Huge Left Handed Robot (HLHR) Appears, Defeats Evil Huge Right Handed Robot, HLHR Does The Macarena]

7 comments:

Wanster

and i thought u're about to post something insightful at first.

mrbherng

I really like your sense of humour =) and I fully agree with wan yean.. it sounded like something freaking serious until the last couple of lines... but I like it =P

Anonymous

Our schools never had any problems with lack of left-hand desks.. In fact, sometimes there were more of those than we needed.. :P

Anonymous

Once a humor blogger, always a humor blogger...

Wanster

correction: once an ugly humor blogger, always an ulgy humor blogger

Anonymous

wanyean: OI STOP IT WITH THE UGLY REMARK! I LIVE NEXT TO YOU, YOU SON OF A BITCH AND I HAVE A PLASTIC KNIFE THAT I'M NOT AFRAID TO USE!

mrbherng: i couldn't post anything serious, seriously. thanks man :)

suki: *packing bags* where u said u were from?

=w=: u couldn't be anymore correct sir!

Melyong

tht's a good one! it's true actually.. didn't realise it, if you didn't point tht out! hehe

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP