Sunday, April 30, 2006

Ben The Monk

You know that point in life where everything feels so stagnant to you? You feel like everything and everyone are just cutting through you and you're left standing in the middle of the street wondering what to do.

I mean all my close hometown friends are already a year away from getting a job and some even already HAVE jobs. (None of them went to local uni except for me)

*5th year high school reunion, 2 years from now*

Ben:
Eh Daniel, how's your law degree course coming along?

Daniel: Oh I don't think law is suitable for me, I'm a lecturer now.
Ben: Oh well, things can't always turn out the way we want to.
Daniel:
You're right but I'm already earning 12k a month, guess that's alright.


Ben:
Er... hey Howard, how's uni life in India? Sucks right?

Howard:
I'm out of uni already la, now doing my medical residency at India. It's cool that I get to actually start saving lives now. Sometimes you just feel like you're more powerful than superman himself.


Ben:
Nelson! How is it hanging in Taylors Colleg
e?
Nelson:
Taylors? Nah, I'm piloting for MAS now. Meet my two wives, Gina and Pamela.


Ben:
(Turns around to get some air but suddenly bumps into Samuel)

Terry: ARCHITECT FOR DUANY PLATER-ZYBERK & COMPANY!
Ben:
But I didn't ask.. (Turns around and bumps into David)

David:
ACCOUNTANT FOR THE BIG 4!


Everyone:
Ben, what are YOU doing?

Ben: Oh, I'm... not Ben. I'm his friend, John. Ben has decided that there's just too much violence going on in this world and wants no part of it so he converted to a monk. Now he's living peacefully high up in the mountains of Tibet.


Hell naw!

My future job better be worth every single minute of my 17 year long education.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP