Thursday, November 22, 2007

iSuck

A month ago, I stumbled upon an article that explained the negative effects of carbonated drinks. I have read several articles before regarding a similar topic but I thought it was all nonsense, plus I REALLY loved Coke & Pepsi. This particular article was a lot more detailed than anything I've ever read before, it was actually an eye-opener. From that day on, I actually quitted soft drinks.

The first week was hell. I mean, I had no problems refraining from a can of coke at kopitiams and mamak stalls but imagine not having soft drinks, at fast food restaurants.



But I persevered and 30 days later, I am proud to say that I have not sipped a single drop of any carbonated drink, and I never will. -the end-

...

WHAT?! YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME?! ... me neither:

(At Burger King, today)

Cashier: Good afternoon. Having here?

Ben: Yep, having here. I'll take set number 5.

Cashier: Anything else?

Ben: Oh yeah, could I have a bottle of mineral water instead of the coke?

Cashier: That's an extra RM1, sir.

Ben: [FUCK NO!] Give me the coke.

Yep. 29 days I've been religiously changing my order of coke/pepsi to a bottle of mineral water at fast food outlets, and it only took just that one hint of chinese blood in me to reconvert. At least now I have an answer to that famous rhetorical question, "How much is your health worth to you?".

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP