Thursday, July 12, 2007

I Wanna Be An Action Hero

Yesterday, the guys and I drove down to the city to watch Die Hard 4.0. The movie kicked ass! I caught myself uuuh-ing and aaah-ing to every crash and explosion on screen. There were A LOT of them and they were all just so friggin' GORGEOUS! I especially enjoyed the tunnel scene when the cars were flying all over the place.

On my way home to the movies, I seriously contemplated quitting engineering and enrolling myself into the Academy of Action Heroes, if ever there was such a thing. Bruce Willis just looked so cool killing them baddies with the most unconventional of ways and then casually blurting out smart one-liners:

(After McClane rammed an enemy helicopter with a car)

Matt: Dude, you killed a helicopter with a car!

McClane: I ran out of bullets.

Then I try to imagine myself as John McClane, the hero who's trying to protect a geeky but highly intelligent hacker named Matt Farrell:

(Scene: A car chase. Benjamin Sew Ben McSew and Matt are being chased down by a black SUV with two gunmen constantly firing at them)

Matt: Oh my god! They're shooting at us!

McSew: Should we surrender?

Matt: NO! We gotta shake them off our tail! Take a left now, there's a tunnel there.

McSew: But the car might topple over if I turn immediately.

Matt: TURN NOW.

McSew: Ok fine. Uh oh.. The signals aren't working.

Matt: You've got to be kidding.

McSew: I'm afraid not. Looks like we're not turning.

Matt: That's not... JUST TURN WITHOUT THE DAMN SIGNALS!

McSew: Hey! You may be our only hope to end this terrorist threat but I'm a cop and I say NO ONE is above the law.

Matt: TURN NOW!

McSew: That's it. *pulls out a gun and shoots Matt*

(Roll credits)

Maybe I'll just stick to engineering for a while.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP