Thursday, August 10, 2006

Ben The Horse Whisperer

I rode a horse for the second time this month. Though it's still as exciting as the first time, I'm kinda bummed that we were not given total freedom while jockeying around the field. The instructor was always there to give instructions to the horse whether it's to walk, turn, trot or stop. It almost feels like I'm sitting in one of those 50 cent carousels. Heck, I even sympathize the kids who were forced by their parents on those contraptions. And everyone knows there's nothing I hate more than pitying myself.

It's not that I have anything against his teaching method, maybe he's just slowly getting us used to the horse. Problem is, I've always wanted to 'verbalize' with the horse, you know, to get close to it (if Ben had a crazy side, let this be the only one) but I can't possibly do that with the instructor around:

(At the field)
Ben: [Mounts the horse] Hello horsie. Just follow my lead and I promise you we'll both have a good run today.
Instructor: Ok, walk the horse.
Ben: There we go nice and slow. Someone's in for a huge serving of grass later.
Instructor: Now trot it.
Ben: Ride into the wind horsie! Ride into the wide blue yonder! Ride into the..
Instructor: WILL YOU SHUT UP?!
Ben: But I was..
Horse: OMG, JUST LISTEN TO WHAT HE SAID AND SHUT THE FUCK UP!
Instructor & Ben: ...
Horse: Er.. I mean, "woof" "woof". Damn it, what do horses go?

5 comments:

lookenneth

Told you horses could speak! You just didn't believe me did you? NOOOOOO...

Mischique

What got you interested into horse riding? Are you like planning to go pro one day? Hahaha...anyway I never did watch the movie 'The Horse Whisperer'..did u?

Anonymous

Hhahaahha.

Sewjin

ken: u also told me dogs meow and pigs fly. how to believe?!

mischique: nah it's not a matter of interest. I took this course bcoz it's something i know i will never have the chance to do when i start working (in malaysia)

anonymous: *holds your hands* hahahaha!

Anonymous

Hahaha...
Funny one...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP