Thursday, November 01, 2007

Lesson In Facial Hygiene

I was shopping with June at Jusco yesterday night when:

(At the hygiene department.)

Ben: Hmm, maybe I should restock on my body soap.

June: Oh? What do you use?

Ben: Shokubutsu.

June: I need to restock on my facial cleanser too. Hey, what do you use for your face?

Ben: Shokubutsu.

(Storm clouds gather)

June: WHAAAATT?!! YOU USE BODY SOAP ON YOUR FACE?!

Ben: Well urm, yeah.

June: DO YOU THE AMOUNT OF DESTRUCTION A BODY SOAP CAN CAUSE TO YOUR FACIAL SKIN?!

Ben: I..

June: OMG, JUST THINKING OF THE ALKALINE AND THE PEELING AND THE... AAARGGGHH!!

Ben: It really isn't that bad.

June: Come with me. We're getting you a proper facial cleanser!

I didn't know that telling a girl that I was using body soap on my face was equivalent to stabbing a steel cross into a vampire. June became all hysterical and started yelling gibberish at me while we spent an hour looking around Jusco, Guardian and Watsons for my facial cleanser. Actually, June was the one who did all the searching. I just followed her around like a lap dog while obediently nodding to every single statement she makes about the importance of proper facial skin care.

Apparently unlike body soaps, there isn't a one-for-all type of facial wash product e.g. oily skin, sensitive skin, thick skin and etc. I have always stuck to the idea that skin is just what it is, one layer of organ where only one type of soap is needed to clean it. I was wrong again, as usual. When June finally found the right facial cleanser for me, I was relieved that it was finally all over:

(At Watsons)

June: Ah, finally we found it. Now promise me that you're not going to use your body soap for any other parts of your body!

Ben: Well, sometimes when I run out of shampoo...

June: ...

And so began round 2. I have got to learn to keep my mouth shut.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP