Sunday, September 02, 2007

The Movie That Gave Me A Migrane

Yesterday, I watched "Rogue Assassin" starring Jet Li. By the way, didn't he say he was retiring after his last movie, 'Fearless'? Oh well, even the east needs a Michael Jordan.

I thought the movie was interesting because there were A LOT of plot twists and of course, the fight scenes. On that note, there were some things that bugged me about the movie:

1. The co-star, Jason Statham is a nobody.
2. Devon Aoki's character did not kick any ass.
3. Unnecessary change in camera angles.

Number 3 takes the cake as I almost puked halfway through the movie. Who knows, maybe the directors thought it would be cool to rapidly change the camera angles every 0.5 seconds during a fight scene. I'm telling you guys right now, it's not. They even used that stupid effect on something as simple as picking up an object on the floor:

Bullet Time

It's a good movie but it could have been a lot better by being a lot less annoying. I'm just waiting for "Bourne Ultimatum".

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP