Sunday, September 16, 2007

Emcee Duties (Personal)

I remember going up there for the first time. I was gripping my script so tightly because it was the only thing to hold on to. But as the paper started to tear, I quickly stopped and began looking for something else to settle my nerves. Yep, nothing was more calming than to watch a thousand pair of eyes staring intently back at me. My palms are sweaty.

"Good evening everyone!" When I uttered those words, my hands shook so hard I was actually vibrating. I was afraid that if I completed my introduction, I would have already drilled a hole right through the stage. It would be good anyway since I would have somewhere to hide when I wet my pants.

I do still get stage frights but I am certainly a lot less dramatic about it. Wish me luck.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP