Thursday, April 13, 2006

Mamak Game Show

I went to have my late lunch at a mamak stall today. That's one more thing to cross of my 'Things I wouldn't think I'd do before I die' list. I mean nobody actually has 4 roti canai-s for lunch... do they?

Anyway I was actually particularly annoyed with how the waiter asked for our orders. Damn blur:
Waiter: What would you like to have?
Friend: I would like a nasi lemak.
Waiter: Ok that's a nasi kandang.
Friend:
No, no, one nasi lemak.

Waiter:
What?

riend:
Nasi lemak.

Waiter:
Huh? So what would you like to drink?

Friend:
Hey, did you get my first order?

Waiter:
One nasi kangkang, right?

Friend:
...

Waiter:
Drinks?

Friend:
You know what, I'll probably end up with pee water so I'll just have these bananas.



Bananas, for frustrated customers

Then it was my turn:

Waiter: So what would YOU like? (Glares at Ben)
Ben:
(Shocked) Aaah! Er... one roti planta please.
Waiter: What?
Ben: Roti planta.
Waiter:
Are you sure?

Ben:
Yes..

Waiter:
Is that your final answer?

*Everything turns dark and strobe lights start flashing around randomly. It's time for a game of 'Who Wants That Roti Planta'*

Ben:
I would like to ask for the audience's opinion and use my lifeline please..


Ask once, you'll get an answer
Ask twice, you'll get a better answer
Ask the third time, you'll get a stupid answer

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist G' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP